This neighborhood was established in 1960 when William C. & Allison N. Miller purchased 800 magnificent rolling acres that is today, the community known as Potomac Falls. Known for their construction of some of the most prestigious developments in the DC area, with their expertise more than 200 homes were built, each on a minimum of a two-acre lot. Today, there are 262 home sites here.
Some properties are now undergoing significant change - even complete redevelopment - yet the community still maintains its original character. And as a result, Potomac Falls continues to enjoy a reputation as one of the most beautiful and desirable neighborhoods in our region.
The oldest home in Potomac Falls is the Samuel Ford House, circa 1887, located on Cripplegate Road. It is thought that the house served as the assayer's office for the gold mines located just off MacArthur Boulevard which opened in 1889. The office was believed to be in the cellar with bars on the windows and 18-inch walls, to keep the gold safe.